The program offers cliexa access to Mayo Clinic experts in regulatory, clinical, technology and business domains with a focus on AI model validation and clinical readiness. Technology experts from Google and Epic also will provide workshops.
"Health tech startups are critical contributors to the cycle of innovation," says John Halamka, M.D., president of Mayo Clinic Platform, a strategic initiative to improve health care through insights and knowledge derived from data. "We are excited to collaborate with these innovators to solve some of the most complex problems in medicine today."
- Work with data science experts to delineate AI model requirements.
- Check for fairness and bias in their AI models.
- Gain understanding of Food and Drug Administration clearance pathways.
- Access de-identified Mayo Clinic patient data in a secure environment.
- Conduct model validation with guidance from data science experts.
- Plan clinical validation studies, such as clinical simulation or clinical trials.
- Explore eligibility to partner with Mayo Clinic Platform.
"We are helping participants take a crucial step in their growth trajectory by providing startups with a disciplined focus on model validation and clinical readiness to show product value," says Eric Harnisch, Vice President of Partner Programs for Mayo Clinic Platform. "The program is integral to our Mayo Clinic Platform mission to enable new knowledge, new solutions and new technologies that improve patients' lives worldwide."
About Mayo Clinic Platform
Founded on Mayo Clinic's dedication to patient-centered care, Mayo Clinic Platform enables new knowledge, new solutions and new technologies through collaborations with health technology innovators to create a healthier world. To learn more, visit the Mayo Clinic Platform website.
About Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a nonprofit organization committed to innovation in clinical practice, education and research, and providing compassion, expertise and answers to everyone who needs healing. Visit the Mayo Clinic News Network for additional Mayo Clinic news.